GRADUATE HR – NIGERIA (BATCH 2)
Diageo Africa operates in over 40 markets across Africa through various business models including publicly quoted companies, joint ventures & licensed brewing entities. We produce & distribute premium drinks from right across the Diageo portfolio such as Guinness, Johnnie Walker, Baileys and Smirnoff. We are also home to growing local brands such as Malta Guinness, Harp and exciting new innovations like SNAPP.
With over 5000 employees working across Supply & Demand we put a significant investment behind our people agenda to ensure that Africa is truly Best Place to Be. We are also proud of the contributions we make in the communities in which we operate both economically and socially, for example our commitment to provide safe access to drinking water to 1million people each year.
On the Pan Africa Graduate programme our ‘real job’ philosophy ensures you will benefit from authentic experiences designed to accelerate your career development. You will build your expertise and knowledge by completing three 12-month rotations within your chosen discipline and there may be opportunities to spend one of these rotations in a different African market.
Support and Development
The three-year programme includes both functional training and leadership development. Functional training helps you gain the skills, knowledge and experience that will form the foundation of your career with Diageo. Meanwhile, we help you build your leadership expertise so you can encourage thinking, stimulate people and drive change.
You’ll also spend time with our sales force, out in the field, to increase your commercial awareness – it’s vital that every graduate understands our brands, our customers and the way we sell. There will be opportunities for you to explore other avenues for development at regular reviews with your line manager.
In addition, there are ‘connect and development’ events each year, which will help you raise your profile in the company and learn from some of our most experienced leaders.
Essential qualifications and qualities
We are looking for graduates with:
· Minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) or equivalent, with an excellent academic record. You must have genuine interest in working within the Human Resources field
· No more than two (2) years post NYSC experience
· Talented , ambitious , enthusiastic people who are striving to be the best
· Great energy, drive and can-do attitude
· Great interpersonal skills and team player
· Strong communication skills – verbal and written
· Diageo focus – understands our values and is passionate for what we stand for
· Forward thinking, solution focused and great appetite for learning
· Commercial acumen
· Leadership qualities – ability to influence